Sunday, April 15, 2018

Welcome to my Blog

Greetings!  My name is Rob Buckley, and I am a middle school music teacher in Batavia, IL.  I currently teach band to about 330 talented students along with two amazing colleagues.  I was really lucky to student teach in Batavia at Batavia High School and  Rotolo Middle School back in 1997.  It took about 3 minutes to fall in love with the community.  The year following my student teaching stint, I was fortunate enough to accept the sixth-grade band teaching position.  Twenty+ years later, I am still teaching at this amazing school.

As I have matured as a teacher, I have come to the realization that I am just scratching the surface of this thing we call teaching.  I have so much to learn.  I have learned so much from colleagues, friends, and mentors.  I have also learned so much from great books, articles, and blogs on a wide variety of subjects.

Through the process, I have figured some things out that help me be a better teacher for my students.  In this blog, I'll share with you what I have done that has worked well.  It's my hope that something I blog about helps you and your students.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting to Know Your Students and their Parents: Online Surveys

August 7, 2018 As I write this blog entry, I am exactly one week away from one of my favorite nights of the year:  The night before the fi...